Beer Culture

Comente quais as suas cervejas preferidas, aquelas que menos gosta, as suas qualidades, defeitos e características.
barbas
BeerMaster
Registado: quinta set 27, 2007 20:13

Beer Culture

Mensagempor barbas » sábado mar 10, 2012 10:44

Excelente explicação da cultura cervejeira inglesa no blog "I might have a glass of beer":

Código: Selecionar todos

I actually only intended to stop for a quick pint on the way home from work.

Then a pal arrived in the pub and, although I was about to leave, insisted on buying me a pint. So we had another pint.

Then of course I had to buy him a pint in return.

After leaving the pub I passed another pub on the way home which had an amazing and rarely seen beer. I had to have a pint of that, and let my friend who lives round the corner from the pub know it was on.

When she arrived we had another pint.

Then I had to leave and go home, as I hadn’t had any dinner yet.

This is why we drink session beers.

Abraço

Fernando

Imagem
barbas
BeerMaster
Registado: quinta set 27, 2007 20:13

Mensagempor barbas » terça mar 13, 2012 20:53

5 razões para gostar da Bélgica, segundo o blog CALLED TO THE BAR:

Código: Selecionar todos

In the Belga Queen, after I have finished my glass of Boon Kriek (memorably matched with cured trout and a blue cheese sauce), the waiter asks if I would like a glass of draught Rodenbach because it comes from his home town. ‘It would make me very happy if you had one.’ And it made me very happy and went well with the shrimp croquettes, while the Boon Mariage Parfait was a dream on the right side of the bed with the Charolais tartare.

Then there are the two middle aged women in the Surinamese restaurant Faja Lobi where I go for a restorative lemongrass soup — one is drinking Westmalle Tripel and the other is drinking Orval. No big deal, no need to go on about women and beer, it’s a given — where did we go wrong in this country?

Then there is the guide who takes me on a gastronomic tour around old Ghent on Tuesday morning and tells me how her grandmother is a big lover of Westvleteren and that she uses two cars (and two separate license plates) so that she can get two cases of beer when they are available; about how her dad comes from Poperinge and likes Hommel and about how her mother loves Westmalle Tripel and might have had one not long after she was born (the guide that is). At 11am, after we have visited a butcher and a cheesemaker and she says how about a beer…

When I arrive at my hotel, the manager is having a drink which is Chimay Bleu, I don’t see many hotel types in this country doing that (oh and isn’t having a coke with a meal a sort of infantile breast-sucking gestural reaction — I noticed a couple of English-speaking corporate types doing it).

A man and his marital problems and his lovely dog buys me three Rochefort 10s in the pub and that is what pubs/bars/whatever are about — stories, beer and instant friends.

Abraço

Fernando

Imagem
bmxutos
Site Admin
Registado: terça mai 16, 2006 2:07
Contacto:

Mensagempor bmxutos » quarta mar 14, 2012 13:43

Cultura cervejeira, sim senhor.

Muito bons os dois textos. Abraço,

Voltar para “APRECIAÇÃO DE CERVEJAS”

Quem está ligado: